Where are you located?
- We are located at 11415 168 Street in the Community Engagement Centre of the Goodwill Impact Centre.
- We are open by appointment or on scheduled days only, though you can always contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can you modify my child’s bike?
- YES! Modifications we can help with include: pull bars, centering springs, fixed gear conversions, supportive pedals, and balance wheels. For more information, see the Modify program.
Do you accept bike donations to your program?
- Yes, but only if the bike is suitable for use in our programs (i.e. it has adaptations or an accessible frame geometry). We cannot accept donations of conventional bikes at this time.
What happens to my bike after I donate it?
- They will either be added to our fleet directly, stripped for parts, donated to a family in need, or sold to support program operations, at our discretion.
I saw a bike online that I’d love my child to try. Can you bring in other styles of bikes?
- At this stage, we do not have funding to purchase any new bikes. However, if you are willing to obtain a quote from the company and forward it to us (please include the cost of shipping as well), we will certainly consider it if funding does come available! We are hoping to obtain several different styles for families to try.
Can I get a tax receipt if I donate money, materials or bikes?
- All monetary donations over $20 are eligible for a tax receipt.
- Only certain specialty bikes and materials are eligible for a tax receipt. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
What happens if my company donates a larger sum?
- If you sponsor a larger amount (e.g. your company donates $1,000), you are eligible for a tax receipt minus the $25 administration fee and $75 / $150 rental fee (depending on borrowing period).
Do you offer courses on adaptive cycling?
- We do not currently offer courses on adaptive cycling, however, the physiotherapists within the program can offer suggestions on how to progress your child’s cycling skills.
Do you offer any other types of courses?
- We offer professional development courses occasionally. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if these interest you.
- Adaptive Cycling for Physiotherapists, on the use of adaptive cycling as a treatment aid.
- Train the Trainer, for setting up Learn to Ride programs in areas beyond Edmonton.